Puerto Rico (a U.S.A. colony)
Mothers Against the War in Puerto Rico
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Contact: Sonia Santiago
Activity Details: Mothers Against the War In Puerto Rico is organizing a demonstration against the war on Saturday, March 18, 11:00 am in front of the National Guard on Roosevelt Avenue in Hato Rey, denouncing the occupation, as well as militarism within the context of colonial occupation in Puerto Rico. End the War in Irak and Aphganistan now, US Army out of Puerto Rico!
Troops Out Now Coalition D.C.
Contact Pam Parker
Activity Details: In formation. Contact or check back for details.
War Resisters Support Campaign
Activity details: Demonstrate at Comox Air Base at 1:00 on March 18
Together Against War / Ensemble contra la guerre
Activity details: Demonstrate at the National Art Gallery at 1:00 on March 18
Toronto Coalition to Stop the War
Activity details: Demonstrate at US Consulate, 360 University Ave, 1:00 on March 18
Plataforma Aturem la Guerra
Activity details: Demonstrate at 17:00 on March 18 at Ronda St Pere/Pg de Gràcia
Aarhus mod krig og terror
Activity details: Demonstrate at Klostertorv at 12:00 on March 18
Activity details: Demonstrate on March 18
Nej til krig
Activity details: Demonstrate at US Embassy, Dag Hammarskjölds Allé 24, 12:00 on March 18
Activity Details: Internationaler Aktionstag zum 3. Jahrestag des Irakkrieges
Aktionstag am 18. März 2006
Am 20. März 2003 begann trotz weltweiter Proteste der US-geführte Überfall auf den Irak. Auf einem bundesweiten Treffen am 28. Januar 2006 in Berlin verständigten sich verschiedene Gruppen und Organisationen der Friedens- und Solidaritätsbewegungen darauf, zu regionalen Aktionen am dritten Jahrestag dieses Angriffs aufzurufen.
International Day of Action On the 3rd Anniversary of the Iraq war
Day of Action on March 18, 2006
On March 20, 2003, despite worldwide protests the U.S.-led attack on Iraq began.
At a nationwide meeting on Jan. 28, 2006, in Berlin various groups and organizations In the peace or solidarity movements agreed to call regional actions on the third anniversary of this invasion.
Stop the War Coalition
27 Britannia Street, London WC1X 9JP UK
telephone: 020 7278 6694
Activity Details: Saturday March 18, 2006 Assemble 12 Noon Parliament Square
Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
Children of Iraq Association
COIA, Walnut Tree, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, Great Britain
telephone: +44190823 4948
Activity Details: Bright-Minds collection for charity
Komunitas Anti Perang
Activity Details: Saturday March 18, 2006, 12:00 - Bunderan HI
US Citizens Against War
Contact: John Gilbert
Activity Details: Saturday March 18, 2006 - Organize participation in national demonstration against war and occupation in Rome, Italy on 18 March
Feb 11-12 National Anti-War Assembly, Florence, Italy
Activity Details: Saturday March 18, 2006 - National demonstration against war and occupation
Feb 18, National demonstration for Palestine, Rome, Italy
Jesús Suárez del Solar Navarro Memorial Latin@ March for Peace from Tijuana to La Paz to San Francisco
Activity Details: March 12 - 27
In memory of Jesús Suárez del Solar Navarro, USMC and so many others.
Objective: A 241 mile march that aims at ensuring that the Latino voice of opposition to the War is heard loud and clear across the Americas.
WHAT/ WHEN: Fernando Suarez del Solar, Pablo Paredes, Camilo Mejia and Aidan Delgado will lead a coalition of the willing across this 241 mile quest for peace starting in Tijuana, Mexico, going through Marine Corps Depot Camp Pendleton to the Cesar Chavez burial site in La Paz, CA, culminating in The Mission district of San Francisco with a memorial ceremony and blood drive. The March will begin on 12 March 2006. The coalition of the willing will arrive at La Paz, CA on 22 March 2006 and culminate in San Francisco from 26 March 2006 to 27 March 2006.
WHY: Latinos represent nearly 15% of the US population and 11% of the US military, with many serving in combat or hazardous duty occupations. In addition, an estimated 20% of the fallen service members are Latino. With the continued growth of the Latino population and its vital importance to the future of this country, it is time the Latino community become an active and vocal part of the 60%+ of US citizens that oppose this War. It is also time to show the Latino community that they have a voice and a right to fight for peace and stability. Fernando Suarez Del Solar is committed to self-sacrifice. At 50 years of age he cares more about ending this war than even his own health. We make this call not only to the Latino population but to all those who agree with our message: No more bloodshed in Iraq!
Communist Workers Group
Contact: Dave Brown
Activity Details: In formation, contact or check back for details
New Zealand Peace Council
Box 703 Wellington 5560 New Zealand
Contact: Barney Richards
Activity Details: In formation, contact or check back for details
Activity Details: Demonstration:
- End the occupation
- Let Iraq have peace!
- Send Bush to the Hague!
- No more threats
- No new war!
Polish Stop the War Initiative / Inicjatywa STOP wojnie
Activity Details: Demonstration: Sunday, March 19, 12:00
March 17: Concert
March 18: Anti-war Conference
Iraq -Three years of occupation, three years of resistance
Coalition including CGTP, CPPC, local unions, political parties and civic associations
- 17 March: political meeting in Lisbon , with the presence of iraqi representatives
- 18 March: demonstration in Lisbon (afternoon); concert by iraqi musicians in Almada, near Lisbon (night)
- 19 March: possible concert in Oporto
- Other concerts depending on the support of local municipalities.
Korean Action against deployment of Troops to Iraq
Activity Details: 3.19 international antiwar joint action in Seoul on March 19th
Nej til Krig
Activity Details: Demonstrate 13:00 March 18 Sergels Torg
Coalition Contre La Guerre
Activity Details: demonstrate 12:00 March 18
Global Peace and Justice Coalition
Activity Details: demonstrate 12:00 March 18 ncirlik USA military airbase
Global Peace and Justice Coalition
Activity Details: demonstrate 12:00 March 18 U.S. Embassy
Activity Details: demonstrate 12:00 March 18 kadikoy meydani
Activity Details: demonstrate 12:00 March 18 Konak meydan
Call of the Assembly of the European Social Forum in Italy:
EUROPEAN APPEAL FOR 18 MARCH AGAINST THE WAR
March 18-19 2006
INTERNATIONAL DAY AGAINST THE WAR AND THE OCCUPATIONS
WAR NEVER AGAIN
PEACE the ONLY EMERGENCY
Three years ago, a coalition guided from the US government started the war against the Iraq. Today, the reasons to mobilize against the war are more and more obvious. The 18 and 19 March 2006 we will demonstrate in all Europe, along with the American and all movements
- for the immediate and unconditioned withdrawal of all the foreign troops from the Iraq
- against preventive war, its extension to Syria, to the Iran and the Middle EAst, for a peaceful solution of the Kurd issue
- for the end of the Israeli occupation of the Palestinian territories and East Jerusalemm, for the performance of all the international resolutions, for a just peace between Israel and Palestine, for the creation of an independent Palestine
- for disarmament, reduction of military expenses, elimination of the foreign military bases and the weapons of mass destruction
- for foreign political alternatives, that they refuse the logic of neoliberalism and they construct fair relations between the people
- for the respect of the human rights, the defense of the freedoms democratics and civilians against the repression, the end of the tortures, the illegal detainments, the secret prisons.
WORLD SOCIAL FORUM:
Series of Global Protests to Begin in March
CARACAS, Jan 29 (IPS) - A day of international protests against the occupation of Iraq, on Mar. 18, will mark the start of a series of demonstrations and mobilisations organised at the sixth World Social Forum, which ended Sunday in Venezuela.
A conference against the U.S. occupation of Iraq will be held Mar. 24-27 in Cairo, Egypt, announced the international Assembly of Social Movements, which met on the final day of the WSF in Caracas.
Some 2,200 civil society organisations organised nearly 1,800 seminars, panels, workshops and other activities during the five-day WSF, which served as a meeting-place for sharing ideas and experiences, but also for organising networks to undertake concrete campaigns, as advocated by the Assembly of Social Movements.
"We have around 300 organisations and networks that bring together more than 900 groups interested in taking part in this programme of campaigns," Piero Bernocchi with COBAS, an Italian alternative network of trade unions, told IPS.
Speaking before thousands of participants at the Forum on Friday, Venezuelan President Hugo Chávez said he hoped the WSF did not turn into merely a "revolutionary tourism" activity, and called for it to come up with programmes for concrete action against "political imperialism" and neoliberal, free-market economic policies.
1. FOR A MULTIPOLAR WORLD SYSTEM FOUNDED ON PEACE, LAW AND NEGOTIATION
In order to imagine an authentic multipolar world system which rejects the control of planet by the United States of America and guarantees the whole gamut of rights for politically active citizens and for the people to control their destinies, it is necessary:
1) to reinforce the movement protesting against war and military occupations, as well as solidarity with the people in struggle in the hot spots of the planet. In this respect, it would be very important that the world demonstration against the war in Iraq and the military presence in Afghanistan envisaged for March 18 and 19, 2006, coincides with:
- the prohibition of the use and the manufacture of nuclear weapons and destruction of all the existing arsenals;
- the dismantling of all the military bases outside of national territory, in particular the base in Guantánamo [ U.S.-occupied Cuba];
- the immediate closing of all the CIA-run prisons.
2) to reject any interventions by NATO outside Europe and to require that the European partners dissociate from themselves from U.S. preventive wars, while engaging in a campaign intended to dissolve NATO.
3) to reaffirm solidarity with the people of Palestine, who symbolize resistance to world apartheid, as expressed by the wall establishing the divide between civilization and barbarism. For this purpose, to give priority to reinforcing the campaigns that demand the demolition of the wall of shame and the withdrawal of Israeli troops from the occupied territories.
4) to widen the solidarity campaigns with Venezuela and Bolivia, since these are places where people are building alternatives to neoliberalism and crafting Latin-American integration;
Besides these campaigns, it could be also considered to:
- set up of a network of researchers, working in close connection with associations of militants acting at the local level, to build extensive and up-to-date data bases concerning U.S. and NATO military bases. Precise information on these military and strategic questions would make it possible to increase the effectiveness of the campaigns carried out to dismantle them;
- create of an observer group, an Imperialism Watch, which would not only denounce wars and war propaganda, but also expose all operations and pressures, economic and other, exerted on the peoples of the world; create a worldwide anti-imperialist network that could coordinate a variety of mobilizations throughout the planet.